Friday, September 23, 2011

Dinner

Italian Sausage
We love this dish and I always make to much. My Parents are coming over for dinner this Sunday and I made an extra batch of the sauce for my Mother because she is a vegetarian and I just left out the bacon in the sauce for her.

5 Italian sausage links
2 tablespoons of olive oil
3 strips of bacon cutup into pieces
1 medium onion chopped
2 cloves of garlic chopped
3 14oz. cans of diced tomatoes
3 tablespoons of honey
1 teaspoon of the following: powder oregano, oregano leaves, basil, rosemary
1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
1 lb pasta of any kind (I used rigatoni)

In a large skillet add olive oil, onion and bacon saute until slightly browned than add garlic. Add diced tomatoes and other spices than honey. Simmer for 30 minutes. You can brown the sausage in a skillet or grill the sausage, than cut into 2 inch pieces and add to sauce. Boil the noodles following the directions on the package than add to sauce and enjoy. I have used spaghetti squash in place of the pasta before when I've been watching my carbs.
Serves 5
cost under $10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment