Thursday, September 22, 2011

Learn to cook with what you have (Dinner 9/22/11)

Baked whole chicken with homemade stuffing and green beans.

Stuffing
6 cups of cubed bread (I used leftover hamburger buns)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion
2 teaspoons sage
2 teaspoons celery salt ( I did not have any fresh celery )
1 strip of bacon for added flavor
1 cup of broth (I used leftover chicken and vegetabale broth that I had in the frig) or bouillon cubes can work

Saute onion and bacon with the olive oil in a frying pan. Cube the bread you have handy into 1 inch squares and season with sage and celery salt. Add the onion, bacon and broth then mix well. Remember to wash the bird first in cold water and then season with salt and pepper. Stuff the bird and cook by following the directions on the birds package for wieght and temperture.

I used frozen green beans and added a strip of bacon and a little water into a sauce pan and then steamed.

Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment